Girl Scouts of Rolling Hills Council Girl Scout Logo

Home   Site Index   About GSRHC   Program   For Leaders   How to Join   Council Shop
[ Search Site ] [ Patches ] [ Forms & Documents ] [ Training Schedule ] [ Other Resources ]

Extended Trips & International Travel

To aid you in your travel planning for international trips or extended domestic trips of three nights or longer, Girl Scouts of Rolling Hills Council offers the following information packets. These documents are relatively large, so you will need to exercise patience in downloading the files.

The Extended Trip Packet (Adobe Acrobat file - 208K) has a checklist/timeline with time frames for both domestic and international trips.

The International Supplement (Adobe Acrobat file - 215K) is taken from a document produced by GSUSA and includes useful details regarding international travel, from assessing girl readiness to finding youth hostels. It also includes a resource section listing many publications for further study.

The World Centers Packet (Adobe Acrobat file - 278K) is also taken from a GSUSA document and has information pertaining exclusively to world centers and WAGGGS Affiliated Organizations.

The three packets are to be used as follows:
  Domestic trips of three nights or longer - use the Extended Trip Packet only
  International Trip - Extended Trip Packet and the International Supplement together. Use only the health forms in the International Supplement (they are required), rather than the health forms found in the Extended Trip Packet. There is a section on required travel documents (visas, passports, etc.) that should be used to augment the forms and documents mentioned in the Extended Trip Packet.
  World Center or WAGGGS Affiliated Organization visit - use the Extended Trip Packet, International Supplement and World Centers Packet. The first two packets are used as you would for any international trip. There are only a few WAGGGS/World Center forms in the World Centers packet and they are to be used in addition to those contained in the other packets. The Permission to Travel with Minors form is found in both the International Supplement and the World Centers packet. You may use whichever wording better suits your situation.
We hope, by dividing the information into three separate packets, it will eliminate the need to sift through information that does not pertain to your trip. It is advisable that the leaders read through all of the information first to become familiar with the packets, then share them with the girls.

Girl Scouts of Rolling Hills Council wishes you a meaningful and fun-filled trip! Remember we are always here to answer your questions and to assist you in any way we can. Questions regarding trips may be addressed to , (908-725-1226 ext. 118).

Girl Scouts of Rolling Hills Council
1171 Route 28
North Branch, New Jersey 08876
Phone: 908-725-1226 Fax: 908-725-4933

Copyright ©2000 Girl Scouts of Rolling Hills Council. All rights reserved.

Comments and suggestions regarding this site
may be addressed to
A United Way Agency
A United Way Agency